商务信件英语对话x

商务信件英语对话

Business Letters and Presenting Information 商务信件和呈交

信息

DON BRADLEY: We haven' t decided on a plan of action yet.

堂. 布拉德利:我们还没决定行动计划。

We must outline a strategy, but first let me summaries what we' re said so far.

我们必须定出行动纲领,下面我先总结一下大家的发言。

This is a critical situation.

这是个非常危机的形势。

We know that J.K. Toys are playing to win.

我们知道 J.K. 玩具公司计划大获全胜。

And we know that right now they have the edge.

我们知道,当前他们占有优势。

So, let' s look at the down side.

所以,我们先来看一下不利因素。

What are their advantages?

他们的优势是什么 ?

They have a larger market share;

他们有更大的市场份额 ;

they have a cheaper product;

他们的产品更便宜 ;

they have an earlier launch date,

他们产品上市时间更早,

and we think they have a larger advertising budget.

并且我们认为他们的广告预算很高。

KATE MCKENNA:Their strategy is very clear :

凯特 . 麦凯纳:他们的策略很清楚:

they want our share of the market, both the European market and the export market.

他们要的是我们的市场份额,包括欧洲市场和出口市场。

DON BRADLEY: We cannot let them succeed.

堂. 布拉德利:我们不能让他们成功。

We have to consider which of these factors we can influence.

我们一定要考虑,我们能够影响这些因素中的哪些。

Kate, any ideas?

凯特,你怎么看 ?

KATE MCKENNA:There are two immediate things we can do :

凯特 . 麦凯纳:有两件事是我们能够马上做的:

we can increase our advertising budget and bring forward the launch date.

我们能够增加广告预算、提前上市日期。

DON BRADLEY: Derek, is that feasible?

堂. 布拉德利:德里克,这行得通吗 ? DEREK JONES: I don' t think so.

德里克 . 琼斯:我看不行。

CLIVE HARRIS: I' ve got some news for you all.

克莱夫 . 哈里斯:我有些消息要告诉大家。

DON BRADLEY: Okay, just a second.I' ll switch on the speaker.

堂. 布拉德利:好的,请稍等。我改成扬声器。

Okay, Clive, go ahead.

好了,克莱夫,说吧。

CLIVE HARRIS: I' ve got some useful information from

Peter Day :

克莱夫 . 哈里斯:我从皮特 o 戴得到一些有用的资料:

first of all, I think they' re moving too fast.

首先我认为他们走的太快了,

They haven' t done their sums.

他们还没做好准备。

DEREK JONES: Clive, this is Derek.

德里克 . 琼斯:克莱夫,我是德里克。

Do you know how large their production run' s going to be?

你知道他们的产量会是多少吗 ?

CLIVE HARRIS: It' s going to be around 300,000 units.

克莱夫 . 哈里斯:约 30 万件。

DEREK JONES: That' s about what we hoped--more than 450,000 and we' ve got problems.

德里克 . 琼斯:和我们想的差不多 --45 万多,我们有麻烦了。

KATE MCKENNA:This is Kate. I' ve got a question.

凯特 . 麦凯纳:我是凯特。我有个问题。